PETROLEUM ENGINEERING - with VIEC Rajkot
Today in the rapidly evolving civilization of the world, there are several disciplines of engineering in which one can pursue its graduation such as Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and several others. Though, we forget that petroleum is a non - renewable source of energy and energy companies all around the world needs graduates in the domain of engineering to manage and coordinate their assets all around the world.
ATTENTION COLLEGE GRADUATES
Introducing Diploma in Petroleum Engineering in one of the only 5 universities in Canada.
CAPE BRETON UNIVERSITY is situated in Sydney in the eastern province of Nova Scotia.
Program available at CBU - Diploma in Petroleum Engineering.
DURATION: 2 Years.
-55% aggregate in 12th Grade with at least 50 in each subject.
- IELTS score: 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 in each module.
Advantages - Cape Breton University
- One of the only 5 universities in Canada awarding Petroleum Engineering.
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering can be pursued at Cape Breton University, in a short span of 2 years.
- Even non-engineering science graduates can apply.
- A wider range of job opportunities after having diploma rather than graduation.
Career Prospects - Petroleum Engineering.
Duties vary significantly from job to job, but the following list includes typical job duties one might encounter as a petroleum engineer:
- Use computers to analyze drilling data to determine whether wells contain economically recoverable quantities of hydrocarbons.
- Monitor and coordinate drilling, reservoir, production and facilities engineering and safety activities.
= Design and implement environmentally responsible production, processing, and transportation techniques.
- Design and construct facilities for the recovery, processing, and transportation of petroleum products.
- Design and implement environmental controls on oil and gas operations.
Develop ways to optimize drilling methods and improve production processes to minimize impacts on the environment.
- Estimate the immediate and long-term production rates of oil and gas wells and their total recoverable volumes of oil and gas over time.
- Perform economic modeling and evaluations for petroleum assets.
- Perform risk and cash flow analysis, portfolio simulation, exploration appraisal, and business development.
Petroleum engineers work in a variety of locations, including, but not limited to:
In the office:
Create economic modeling and evaluations for oil and gas sites
Develop business partnerships
Perform financial analyses
Write project proposals, schedules and budgets
In the field:
Perform data and sampling analyses
Coordinate drilling activities and safety procedures
Monitor regulation compliance
Where to work
· Large-scale oil exploration and production firms managing sites in
Canada (usually Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia) and overseas.
· Small-scale, independent oil exploration, production, and oilfield services firms.
· Engineering consulting firms.
· Government agencies.
· Self-employment as an independent consultant.
· Financial institutions providing loans for oil and gas properties.
Education & requirements
In most cases, the minimum education requirement to work as a petroleum engineer is a university
undergraduate degree. The following post secondary programs are most applicable for a career in this
· Petroleum engineering
· Chemical engineering
· Civil engineering
· Geological engineering
You will need to work for two or three years as an engineer-in-training (EIT) and then write a
professional practice exam. A post graduate degree, master's degree, or Ph. D may be required and can improve your employment prospects and salary. To practice as a professional engineer, you must be licensed with provincial or territorial engineering association. If you are a high school student
considering a career as a petroleum engineer you should have a strong interest in:
· Computer science
Environmental employers look for professionals who can combine technical knowledge with business skills. Build the essential skills needed for a successful environmental career.
43% of the graduates in Canada have to get a diploma to acquire skills to have job prospects, thus an excellent opportunity for science graduates.
A petroleum engineer in an entry level position will make between $39, 500 and $43, 000 per year in Canada. With several years of experience and education petroleum engineers can make between $50, 000 and $85, 000 per year.
- Agriculture engineer
- Air quality engineer
- Air quality technician
- Chemical technician
- Clean energy researcher
- Climate specialist
- Emerging energy researcher
- Energy auditor
- Environmental chemist
- Environmental engineer
- Environmental geologist
- Environmental geophysicist
- Environmental manager
- Environmental technician
- Geological and geophysical technician
- Geomatics technician
- GIS analyst
- Landfill engineer
- Process engineer
- Reclamation specialist
- Remediation specialist
- Remote sensing technologist
- Water and wastewater plan engineer
Top Companies in India
- Indian Oil Corporation
- IBP Co. Limited
- Lubricants India
- Oil Gas India
- Petrosil Group
- Shiv-Vani Universal
- Bharat Petroleum
- Reliance Petroleum Limited
- Essar Oil Limited
- Gas Authority of India
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
- Oil India Limited
- Tata Petrodyne
- Bongaigaon Refinery
- Gas Projects (India) Private Limited
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Limited
- India LPG
- Kochi Refineries Limited
With the receding petroleum resources around the world and rising demand for it, the world needs high caliber petroleum engineers and Cape Breton University is the place to make it HAPPEN.
Also, those students who are planning on giving IELTS, should follow IELTS blogs and focus more on ielts speaking tests.